TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF APPLICATION AS REGISTERED SOLAR PV INVESTOR UNDER THE NET-ENERGY METERING (NEM) PROGRAMME BY SEDA MALAYSIA
- Registration of company as Registered Solar PV Investor under the NEM Programme by SEDA Malaysia is subject to the Terms and Conditions and the Code of Ethics that need to be complied by the Registered Solar PV Investor.
- This application is only open to local or foreign companies that registered with Companies Commission of Malaysia under the Companies Act 2016 [Act 777] which have a registered address and business address in Malaysia.
- For local companies, the applicant must have a minimum paid-up capital of Ringgit Malaysia: One Million (RM 1,000,000.00) while for foreign companies must have a minimum paid-up capital of Ringgit Malaysia: Ten Million (RM10,000,000.00).
- Foreign companies is required to comply with the following conditions:
- can only participate in solar PV projects under NEM programme with a capacity exceeding 250 kWac;
- ensure that at least 80% of the company’s employees are local workers; and
- has 100% local Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) by appointing a Registered PV Solar Service Provider with SEDA Malaysia.
- This application shall be made online via SEDA portal at www.seda.gov.my. The applicant must also submit a complete manual form together with the necessary supporting documents to the following address:
Application as Registered Solar PV Investor under NEM Programme
Aras 9, Jalan P4W
Presint 4, Persiaran Perdana
Download manual form here
- This application is subject to SEDA Malaysia’s approval. SEDA Malaysia will only process the application accompanied by complete supporting documents. SEDA Malaysia may pay a visit to the applicant’s office as one of the verification process (if necessary).
- The applicant is required to pay an annual fee for each of approved application and the listing will be made after the payment of the fee. The listing is for a period not exceeding one (1) year.
- The annual fee is Ringgit Malaysia: Three Thousand only (RM3,000.00) for local companies and Ringgit Malaysia: Ten Thousand only (RM10,000.00) for foreign companies.
- The listing is valid until 31 December of the year. Each applicant need to renew the application with the annual fee for the following year.
- A Registered Solar PV Investor may update the information contained in the Directory subject to SEDA Malaysia’s approval with a fee of Ringgit Malaysia: Two Hundred (RM200.00) only per access for updating company information.
- SEDA Malaysia reserves the right to approve or reject the company’s application as a Registered Solar PV under NEM Programme by SEDA Malaysia and the decision made by SEDA Malaysia is final. SEDA Malaysia also reserves the right to remove the Registered Solar PV Investor from the Directory if any of the following occurs:
- SEDA Malaysia finds the information submitted is false, inaccurate, incomplete and/or creates doubt;
- SEDA Malaysia receives any complaints regarding any misconduct of a Registered Solar PV Investor; or
- SEDA Malaysia thinks fit or reasonable for the Registered Solar PV Investor to be removed from the Directory for the interest of any parties that will use their services. If any of the above occurs, the annual fees charged will not be refunded by SEDA Malaysia.
- SEDA Malaysia’s decision on application as a Registered Solar PV Investor under NEM programme by SEDA Malaysia shall be final and any appeal will not be entertained. Monitoring will be conducted by SEDA Malaysia from time to time for compliance verification purposes.
- SEDA Malaysia shall not be liable for the accuracy of the information in the Directory or any damages/losses to any party regarding the registration of a Registered Solar PV Investor in the Directory. SEDA Malaysia also shall not be responsible for any commercial terms dispute offered by the Registered Solar PV Investor to its customer.
- The information contained in the Directory shall not be construed as SEDA Malaysia recognizes, offers or recommends services by the Registered Solar PV Investor. The Registered Solar PV Investor shall not be regarded as representatives, agents or affiliates of SEDA Malaysia or Ministry charged with the responsibility for matters relating to the supply of elctricity.
CODE OF ETHICS FOR REGISTERED SOLAR PV INVESTOR UNDER THE NET-ENERGY METERING PROGRAMME BY SEDA MALAYSIA
A Registered Solar PV Investor under the NEM programme shall comply with the Code of Ethics as follows:
- Registered Solar PV Investor shall adhere to and enhance interest, integrity and transparency of the Renewable Energy industry in business activities as well as operations with its customers that consists of individuals and companies.
- Registered Solar PV Investor shall carry out work, advertising activities and promote their services, offers and products with integrity and transparency and shall avoid any misleading statements or imply that a Registered Solar PV Investor is a representative, agent or affiliate of SEDA Malaysia or Ministry charged with the responsibility for matters relating to the supply of elctricity.
- Registered Solar PV Investor shall carefully regulate all of its details, information and customer data and those informations shall be deemed confidential and shall not be disclosed to any third party without the consent of its customers except for a particular purpose by the relevant Authority.
BREACH OF CODE OF ETHICS
- A Registered Solar PV Investor under NEM programme by SEDA Malaysia is deemed to breach Code of Ethics when:
- there is a complaint regarding the Registered Solar PV Investor service that does not comply with the Code of Ethics set by SEDA Malaysia which has been confirmed by the validity of the complaint;
- SEDA Malaysia finds the information submitted by the Registered Solar PV Investor is false, inaccurate, incomplete and/or create doubt; or
- the Registered Solar PV Investor fails to comply with any of the Code of Ethics listed above.
- In the event of any occurences in paragraph 1, Breach of Code of Ethics, SEDA Malaysia shall establish a committee for the following purposes:
- conduct an investigation;
- request the Registered Solar PV Investor to clarify the complaints received; and
- decide on misconduct of the the Registered Solar PV Investor.
- The decision to be taken by the Committee shall be one of the following:
- Give warning to the Registered Solar PV Investor to comply and rectify the breach within a period not exceeding fourteen (14) days;
- If the Registered Solar PV Investor fails to rectify the breach within the prescribed time, SEDA Malaysia will blacklist the Registered Solar PV Investor for a period specified by SEDA Malaysia.
- Send notice to the Registered Solar PV Investor to the registered address or business address of the the Registered Solar PV Investor to notify SEDA Malaysia’s intention to revoke its registration;
- SEDA Malaysia may give the Registered Solar PV Investor an opportunity to make written representation of the proposed revocation within thirty (30) days from the date of the notice of revocation received by the company;
- Upon the expiration of thirty (30) days, SEDA Malaysia may on its discretion, after considering the written representation made by the Registered Solar PV Investor, decide whether to revoke the registration or not; and
- The decision made by SEDA Malaysia will be notified to the Registered Solar PV Investor in writing.
- Application for re-registration by the Registered Solar PV Investor who have been blacklisted or revoked are subject to SEDA Malaysia’s discretion.
SEDA Malaysia shall not be liable for any loss, damage and legal proceeding arising out of failure and/or non-compliance by the Registered Solar PV Investor in compliance of this Code of Ethics.
19 December 2018